Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Yarn Adventures

 



Way back in November I can across this pattern on Ravelry and knew I had to make it.  How cute is this Gnome?  



In true Meredith fashion I became obsessed.  I mean I could not stop making these.  They are super fast and portable, which works well for me to have in my car if a patient cancels.  I literally bought out these pom poms at three different Joann's Fabric's and Crafts near me.  Well, two of them are not even close to me, but one is close to one of my patients and the other is close to where my dear friend Lynda moved from North Carolina to Port Richey, Florida.  I hope no one in this area wants this color pom pom because they are not going to find any!

They are so fast and easy to make and I only burned myself once with the hot glue gun while putting them together which is a record for me.  I have made them for family and friends, Little Buddy's teachers and therapists.  I am actually kind of embarrassed to tell you the total count.  I just love them so much.  It seems like each little gnome has his own personality.  They are so adorable.


After buying all the darkish gray beard pom poms I actually went back to the store last weekend to give some colored pom poms a try.  I think they are super cute.  The red hats are made with Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch in Red Garnet.  The green hats are made with Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Yarn in the color Grass.  The multicolored hats are from Lion Brand Yarn Landscapes in the color Fusion.  The last batch of hats were made from little balls of stash yarn I had left over from projects.  All hats were made with a size G hook.  You can find the pattern here at Gnome Christmas Tree Ornament by Ashley Parker.  I used about 600 yards of yarn for this project so you can imagine how many I made.  I saved a few for myself that I just might keep up all year long.  The noses are wooden beads sewn on before stuffing and gluing the hat on.  See, super simple.



Another finish is Provence by Alison Green.  This is fresh off the hook as of today, but I started it way back in August.  Once I was about half way done I stopped working on it because I got the bright idea to make blankets for my older kids and their significant others for Christmas.  Once I was done with those, and the millions of gnomes I made I absolutely made myself finish this sweater.  Made with We Are Knitters Pima cotton in the color Blush and a size F hook.  The motifs in the middle of the front and back are made first, joined together as you go along and then the sides are made and sewn together with the front and back motifs. It is really a brilliant pattern, and it was easy to follow.  I am not one for  written directions but these were very easy to follow.  At total of 750 yards were used for this project from this yarn I had in my stash. Does it fit?  Really, who knows.  It is chilly here today, I know you think I am joking living in Florida but I have a fleece on and I am not taking it off to try this on.  Funny, if it fits that is a bonus, if it doesn't I really am okay with that.  I can donate it and just enjoy that I made something really nice with an incredible pattern. I did not make the bottom hem edge, I felt this was long enough.  So it might not look finished, but again I am okay with that, too.  Also so sorry for not having a photo of the front, for some reason it did not download and I am too tired to lug Caroline my dress form outside for another photo shoot. 


Next up a blanket for Little Buddy.  This yarn from Webs was on super sale and it is cotton, just what I was looking for.  It arrived this week and I held myself back from jumping right in with a new project.  I had to finish that sweater first.  It was hard to find the right color for Little Buddy's bed.  It is bright and cheerful, I wanted a green but not neon green that would make me want to scratch my eyes out while working on it.  This granny smith color works well.  Wish me luck, another blanket to get done but this one with no time constraints. 

Sorry no Little Buddy photos, I promise you one for Christmas.  Stay safe my friends and have a good week.  I have lots of wrapping to do and I am working the first three days of the week so I had better get going.  Please do not allow me to grab a crochet hook and start on this new blanket.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar