Been a while since I've posted pictures of big sweet Eli...
Sometimes we wonder what life was like before Eli arrived. He certainly fills up every inch of space in our teeny tiny house, and in our hearts too, but not to worry...
so does little Weetie. Weetie just doesn't take up as much space...
Anyhow, it is so blame hot these days, I try to get things done in the teeny tiny garden as early as possible...
This is such a meager amount of produce, but I thought it looked kinda pretty in the basket.
Actually, all of sudden the kitchen counter is covered in tomatoes, cucumbers, and squash,
and the bean vines are hanging full of yard long beans. I'll be the first to admit, "cooking is not my cup of tea" but...
I've been cutting these long green beans into short pieces and stir frying them in olive oil, red pepper flakes,
garlic, and a little onion, and it makes a really good dish!
Funny how it seems to take that first tomato forever to ripen on the vine, then all of a sudden you're bringing in more than you can use.
and look, the zinnias have started blooming...
Zinnias and Sunflowers! Don't you just love them? They add so much to a teeny tiny garden.
I ran out to get a picture of Poppy before he pulled out of the driveway, carrying our old microwave oven to it's final resting place...
We brought this microwave oven with us when we moved into the cabin in 1989. It's been a good one.
Well, I will end this with a wabbit or two...
"Chief, Son of Bun" enjoying an afternoon treat, and "Pinky Lee", next door, too. The two white rescue rabbits seem very happy, and are both getting fat.
We had to squeeze two more condos into the 10' x 10' rabbit lot, but that's okay. We have happy rabbits. :)
Oh, and a special note to Crystal.
I was looking at my "comments awaiting moderation" and there was a very nice comment from Crystal, dated June 15th that was never published. Crystal found my blog two years ago from Granny Marigold's blog, and that was her first comment to me. Please forgive me Crystal. Hope you will visit my blog again. Thank you very much for the information on harvesting and using horseradish. I don't understand why some comments are't published??
Love,
Henny
Sometimes we wonder what life was like before Eli arrived. He certainly fills up every inch of space in our teeny tiny house, and in our hearts too, but not to worry...
so does little Weetie. Weetie just doesn't take up as much space...
Anyhow, it is so blame hot these days, I try to get things done in the teeny tiny garden as early as possible...
This is such a meager amount of produce, but I thought it looked kinda pretty in the basket.
Actually, all of sudden the kitchen counter is covered in tomatoes, cucumbers, and squash,
and the bean vines are hanging full of yard long beans. I'll be the first to admit, "cooking is not my cup of tea" but...
I've been cutting these long green beans into short pieces and stir frying them in olive oil, red pepper flakes,
garlic, and a little onion, and it makes a really good dish!
Funny how it seems to take that first tomato forever to ripen on the vine, then all of a sudden you're bringing in more than you can use.
and look, the zinnias have started blooming...
Zinnias and Sunflowers! Don't you just love them? They add so much to a teeny tiny garden.
I ran out to get a picture of Poppy before he pulled out of the driveway, carrying our old microwave oven to it's final resting place...
We brought this microwave oven with us when we moved into the cabin in 1989. It's been a good one.
Well, I will end this with a wabbit or two...
"Chief, Son of Bun" enjoying an afternoon treat, and "Pinky Lee", next door, too. The two white rescue rabbits seem very happy, and are both getting fat.
We had to squeeze two more condos into the 10' x 10' rabbit lot, but that's okay. We have happy rabbits. :)
Oh, and a special note to Crystal.
I was looking at my "comments awaiting moderation" and there was a very nice comment from Crystal, dated June 15th that was never published. Crystal found my blog two years ago from Granny Marigold's blog, and that was her first comment to me. Please forgive me Crystal. Hope you will visit my blog again. Thank you very much for the information on harvesting and using horseradish. I don't understand why some comments are't published??
Love,
Henny

0 Yorumlar