Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Jeanne Beker


Jeanne Beker is an idol for me. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be invited to meet her.
Her collection is ready-to wear, as planned, and for the modern woman that can wear some pieces during the day and take off a jacket, for instance, accessorise and have a early evening cocktail.

Right from the get go, she spoke of Vancouver being the 3rd WORST dressed city in the world! She felt it was, ' ridiculous'." Vancouverites like to smell the roses", were her words."...it's about living!" I love her.
" Style is what we choose,fashion is what we like".

Jeanne began her career wanting to be an actress and studied theatre at York University, in Ontario and then went to Paris to study, MIME! We all had a good laugh. From there it was off to New Foundland with her husband working for CBC. Feeling idle, they returned to Toronto and began working with CBC hosting ' 'The New Music".

Eventually, CBC decided they wanted to start a show about fashion and Jeanne jumped on that. She got the gig with all her experience interviewing rock stars, and there she was inspired by their costumes and sense of style. Fashion was a direction she has always wanted to follow, as she loved fashion.

Jeanne Beker is also a part of , "Dress For Success". A where half of the proceeds of her own collection and others donate clothes to women who aren't as privileged to be able to purchase clothes on their own. They provide dresses and outfits for these ladies to go for job interviews and just look good and feel better about themselves.

Twiggy is her idol, and now she sees her all the time and is a fan of Karl Lagerfeld, Jean Paul Gaultier, Valentino and Stella McCartney, to name a few, all for their personalities as well. They are all wonderful people according to her.

I had to ask about how she handles negative press. She told us of that story of her and that young reporter who tried to edge her way into an interview when it was Jeanne's turn. The woman attacked u Jeanne's age as ammunition. We all saw it, well, at least I did. She wrote it in her book.
You know what? She had to sit afterward and cry. " We are all sensitive in this industry". I don't feel alone anymore and I'm not afraid to retaliate, if needed. I do my best to hold in my ill feelings and let it go. It was just refreshing to know that even Jeanne Beker feels the same as I do. There will be jealous insecure and unprofessional people all the time. It's about finding your peace and, "Remain grounded".

Jeanne Beker is a wonderful woman who presents herself in such a personal level. No intimidation here. She's funny, warm, beautiful and professional. I could have sat and listened to her stories all night. I really have a new found respect for the woman I have followed since childhood.


                   Thank you Jeanne and Angelina from The Bay. I had a great time! Wow.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar